Are you currently a Shift Manager wanting more autonomy to develop and progress? We are looking for a strong Production Management specialist with experience in Food Manufacturing or from a similar FMCG environment. This is a crucial role for the business, and we need someone that at certain times will be the most senior team member on site.
- Create an organisational structure and culture that promotes employee involvement, with open communication teamwork and co-operation.
- Build empowered and fully engaged teams that are responsible and accountable for their areas.
- Lead daily area meetings and reviews.
- On a regular and timely basis, clearly communicate information to the team whilst promoting, encouraging and improving 2-way communication.
- Manage and motivate the FLM’s ensuring that they are sufficiently skilled and capable to fulfil the requirements of their roles. Perform regular reviews which identify areas for improved performance.
- Manage skills development and training plans within the area, building succession plans and inducting new team members.
- Conduct performance reviews for team giving constructive feedback, to drive performance and encourage commitment to achieving targets.
- Drive continuous improvement with the team, guided by data and facts.
- Manage allocation of daily tasks (e.g. determining and allocating supervisory tasks, pre-production checks and team’s tasks within the business area)
- Lead by example and embed a culture of safety, promoting behavioural safety.
- Proactively manage safety by working alongside the HSE Manager, driving the HSE agenda.
- Ensure that all technical procedures and policies are robustly adhered to in production to ensure all products are food safe and meet all quality standards
- Liaise closely with the technical team on non-conformances to drive continuous improvement and maintain high standards.
What we are looking for
You will ideally have worked previously in a Food Manufacturing environment and experienced in an equivalent position managing a Production Department. With understanding of Food Hygiene, Health & Safety, HACCP.
What happens next?
On applying for this job, you consent to SJR Partners holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search, for full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to our website. Our ongoing aim is to contact everyone either way within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.